Christmas time is a time to indulge. It’s expected that you want to spoil your puppy too with some extra treats during this period.
However, most of the foods you enjoy eating during Christmas aren’t necessarily good for your canine buddy. You need to be extra careful because this period can bring along extra dangers you need to look out for.
Here’s your puppy’s “DO NOT EAT” list for the holidays.
Chocolate is a common treat for many during the holidays. However, chocolate is poisonous to dogs. Ensure you keep it completely out of your puppy’s sight and reach.
Onions are commonly used in Christmas stuffings. It contains thiosulphate, a substance harmful to dogs. Ensure you avoid onions in your puppy’s diet.
Grapes can be highly toxic to dogs and just one or two, if consumed, could turn out fatal. Make sure you keep them away.
Just like grapes, raisins can be highly toxic to dogs. Stay vigilant so your puppy does not eat any treats containing raisins.
Sugar is generally bad for dogs and is unhealthy. Sweeteners like xylitol, common in peanut butter, are also dangerous to your puppy’s health.
Raw and green potatoes contain solanine in their skin which can cause poisoning.
Garlic belongs to the same family as onions, leeks, and chives and is equally toxic to dogs.
Avocados make a nice addition to human dishes but can be fatal for dogs because of a toxin called persin.
Sweet macadamia nuts are a common snack during Christmas. They can however be dangerous for your canine buddy.
Leaving cups of alcohol, tea, or coffee around with dogs in the house is never a good idea. Dogs are sensitive to alcohol and caffeine in coffee and other drinks.